Employment Opportunities at BSH
We are always keen to meet energetic and talented professionals who would like to join our faculty & staff. If you wish to be considered for any future positions, please send your CV and cover letter to our Head of School, Mrs. Paula Ledbetter at email@example.com. Candidates for teaching positions must have a valid VA teaching license.
BSH offers an extensive benefits package based on eligibility that include, medical, dental and vision insurance plans, a 403(b) retirement plan, and BSH tuition remission, in addition to other programs and services offered to eligible faculty and staff.
BSH seeks an enthusiastic and committed Math Teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. Core duties for this position include teaching a maximum of six courses which may include Advanced Algebra, Calculus, Statistics, and Pre-Calculus.
Required Qualifications: The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree and current Virginia teacher license and endorsement in assigned teaching areas.
- Model for students the mission and values of BSH
- Demonstrate subject matter competency and the ability to communicate that to middle and high school students
- Devise a system of classroom order and discipline which contributes to the learning of all students
- Be available to students who need assistance
- Exercise professionalism at all times with students, parents, and colleagues
- Demonstrate technological proficiency in the classroom
- Other Duties as assigned
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with middle and high school students
- Ability to work collaboratively to promote student learning
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and Diocesan Application to Paula Ledbetter, Head of School.
BSH is seeking substitute teachers for grades Preschool-12th grade to ensure the continuation of instruction in absence of the regular teacher.
Substitutes will follow lesson plans created by the regular teacher, maintain established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned, assume responsibility for overseeing student behavior in class, during lunch, and other activity periods.
- Follow lesson plans created by the regular teacher
- Maintain established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned
- Assume responsibility for overseeing student behavior in class, during lunch, and other activity periods
- High school diploma
- Excellent and efficient communication skills
- VIRTUS trained
- Enjoy working with children
Athletic Coaching Opportunities
Blessed Sacrament Huguenot Catholic School is seeking positive, passionate, and knowledgeable coaches for the 2019-2020 season. The Head Coach is responsible for coaching, character development, and providing direction to student athletes so that they might achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship, and teamwork. This position requires thoughtful and respectful interaction with student athletes, fellow coaches, staff, parents, and the community. Positive communication strategies, organizational skills, and safety awareness are key requirements.
The ideal candidate will have previous coaching experience, the ability to organize and supervise an athletics team, and will be a role model that coincides with our school’s mission.
Athletics currently has no openings.